This year’s holiday season is all about the pop-up experience, with pop-up cocktails and pop-up markets.
Atlanta’s first Christmas pop-up cocktail experience, Miracle on Monroe, debuted over the Thanksgiving weekend and continues through Christmas Eve, according to a news release.
The experience includes holiday movies, holiday music, holiday decorations and holiday cocktails. It is located at Midtown Promenade restaurant Tapa Tapa, on the BeltLine and adjacent to Piedmont Park.
“Miracle on Monroe will be reminiscent of the tinsel takeover of the 50s and the toppers and baubles from the 60s complete with a roaring fire,” the release says. “Holiday movies will play on the walls and non-stop holiday tunes will ring in the air. From glassware and coasters to lights, garlands, and ribbons, the halls will be densely decked, expanding the heart of even the grumpiest Grinch.”
The concept first started in New York City in 2014 and has now spread to 30 other cities, coming to Atlanta for the first time this year.
Events include Christmas movie night on Wednesdays and local guest bartenders every Thursday night. With seated room only and no reservations accepted, folks are advised to arrive early.
Miracle on Monroe is open Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 6 p.m. to midnight and Friday and Saturday from 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.
Miracle’s movie schedule includes:
- December 7: A Christmas Story
- December 14: National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- December 21: A White Christmas
Cocktail-loving Atlantans can also experience their favorite local guest bartenders on Thursday nights:
- December 1: Emmett Otter’s Sound – Navarro Carr (Soundtable) and Fable T. Jeon (Miso Izakaya, Le Fat, TonTon) kick off the guest bartender’s series.
- December 8: Even Grumpier Old Men – Greg Best (Ticonderoga Club) and Andy Minchow (Ration & Dram) behind the bar.
- December 15: Double Love Actually – Kellie Thorne (Empire State South) and Trip Sandifer (Painted Pin) plus Taylor Blackgrave (The Lawrence) and Tyler Blackgrave (Bon Ton Boil House) bring the love.
- December 22: Crosby & Kaye – Miles McQuarrie (Kimball House) and Shanna Mayo (The Luminary) close out the series for old times’ sake.