Get out you walking shoes – Walktober is here with its cooler temperatures and four weeks of fun ways to explore the city of Atlanta.
Walktober is put on by PEDS, an advocacy group that works to encourage walking and finding great places to walk.
According to the group’s website, all walks are free and anyone can create, post or lead a walk. So far the website lists seven walks, including one in the Oakland Cemetery on Thursday.
For more information about a walk or to create one, click here.
Here are the seven walks on the calendar:
– 2 p.m. Thursday, Oct 6: Oakland Cemetery
– 10 a.m. Thursday, Oct 13: PATH 400 Walk
– 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct 15: Lullwater Preserve
– 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct 22: Westview Cemetery
– 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct 29: Banchan Urbanism: A Walking Tour of Buford Highway
– 7:30 a.m. Monday, Oct 31: Midtown Java Walk