Atlanta Loop is owned and operated by the publisher of Decaturish.com, a provider of locally-sourced news about Decatur and its surrounding communities. Atlantaloop.com is published online from DeKalb County, GA, 30079. We provide news and information about the Atlanta Beltline and its neighbors in the Atlanta Metro area.
To advertise with Atlanta Loop contact us at: email@example.com
Got news tips (anonymity guaranteed)? Suggestions? Questions? Want to submit an opinion letter? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Got a correction? We strive for accuracy in everything that we do. If you see something that isn’t quite right, please let us know so we can correct the record. Email email@example.com and we’ll set things straight.
Caught a typo? Please alert us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or in our comments section. Be kind. Atlanta Loop is run by humans and humans make mistakes.
About Dan Whisenhunt, Editor:
I’m an Alabama boy who moved to Atlanta in 2011. I founded Decaturish.com in 2013.
I cut my teeth as a journalist with the Anniston Star in Anniston, Ala. I spent four wonderful years there, three as a reporter and one as an assistant editor. After that, I worked at the Times Free Press in Chattanooga, Tenn. as the county government reporter. From there, I moved to Reporter Newspapers in Sandy Springs, Ga., where I worked as assistant editor and digital content manager.
I started Decaturish.com in May 2013 as a personal project, done in my spare time. Our page views grew more quickly than I expected and we’ve become a trusted source for local news. I am working to develop a sustainable online-only revenue model that will provide local journalism free of charge to residents in the Atlanta metro area.
I started my company with some basic ideas in mind:
– I want to promote responsible content creation, meaning that we will never ask our contributors to produce content for free.
– I want to create a site where our contributors will almost never hear the word “no” when they want to try something new. News should be interesting and innovative.
– I want a news product that strives to provide the same transparency we expect of our government.
– I want a news product that’s always accountable to its readers. Without you, we wouldn’t exist.
Want to comment on a story? We are using the Disqus commenting system, which allows you to comment using an email or your social media accounts. To learn more about how to comment using Disqus, click here. We’d love to hear from you, even if we don’t agree with your opinions about our articles, but please remember:
– Commenting is a privilege, not a right.
– Comments personally attacking Atlanta Loop and its authors will not be approved. This is a business, not a town square, but we know we aren’t perfect. We accept constructive criticism, but we’re not going to allow comments from people whose sole intent is to bash us and our business. If you want to bash us publicly, you can write a letter to the editor, using your real name, and send it to email@example.com and we’ll run it. We put our real names out there every day and think our critics should do the same.
– Any user can be banned at any time for any reason. Common reasons for banning a user include: threatening and/or racist language, stalking users on other websites, submissions that lack constructive criticism of our content or other users’ comments. (This post sucks, you’re dumb, etc.)
– Please be aware: If you submit the same comment repeatedly, you will get flagged by our spam filter. If you wish to comment on a topic, please write something original. Otherwise, your comment may not appear.
Bottom line: This is our establishment. Be polite to us and our guests, and we’ll do the same.
Neither this website nor its operator are affiliated with, licensed, authorized, sponsored by or otherwise related to Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. (“ABI”), or to the Atlanta BeltLine project, or any ATLANTA BELTLINE® or BELTLINE® products or services. The operator of this website is solely responsible for the opinions, statements, representations, images, text and other content. BELTLINE® and ATLANTA BELTLINE® are registered trademarks of ABI.