Planning on voting in the upcoming Nov. 7 election? If you haven’t registered yet, better hurry.
The registration deadline is today, Oct. 10.
To register to vote, click here.
“To use the Online Voter Registration System you must have a valid driver’s license or identification card issued by GA Department of Driver Services (DDS) with signature on file with DDS,” the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office says. “If you do not have a valid driver’s license or identification card, the link … will allow you to manually submit a paper registration.”
You must be 18 years old to vote.
The Secretary of State says people who wish to vote must meet the following requirements:
Georgia law (O.C.G.A § 21-2-417) requires Georgia residents to show photo identification when voting in person.
You are not required to provide identification when you vote absentee by mail.
WHAT IDS ARE ACCEPTABLE?
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a free ID Card issued by your county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
- A Georgia Driver’s License, even if expired
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
- Valid U.S. passport ID
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
- Valid tribal photo ID
Bring one of these six forms of identification to vote.
GEORGIA’S VOTER IDENTIFICATION CARD
If you do not have one of the six acceptable forms of photo ID, the State of Georgia offers a free ID Card. An ID card can be issued at any county registrar’s office or Department of Driver Services Office free of charge.
To receive a voter identification card, the voter must provide:
- A photo identity document or approved non-photo identity document that includes full legal name and date of birth
- Documentation showing the voter’s date of birth
- Evidence that the applicant is a registered voter
- Documentation showing the applicant’s name and residential address
Early voting begins Oct. 16. To see early voting locations and times in DeKalb County, click here.
To see early voting locations and times in Fulton County, click here.
To see your polling information, click here.
Please vote in the Nov. 7 elections.