A new poll shows that Atlanta Mayoral candidate Mary Norwood leads a crowded contest to replace outgoing Mayor Kasim Reed.
The poll conducted by 11 Alive shows Norwood polled at 27 percent among voters out of 18 candidates. Ceasar Mitchell, the Atlanta City Council president, is polling in second with 10 percent of the vote.
Norwood celebrated the polling results in an email to supporters.
“I am proud, humbled and very grateful for the staunch support that so many stalwart residents of Atlanta have for me,” Norwood said. “I am eager to have the chance to work on behalf of all Atlantans.”
The mayoral election will be held Nov. 7.
The candidates considered to be credible by most observers are …
– John Eaves, Fulton County Commission Chairman
– Peter Aman, Atlanta’s former chief operating officer
– Keisha Lance Bottoms, Atlanta City Council member
– Vincent Fort, state senator
– Kwanza Hall, Atlanta City Council member
– Ceasar Mitchell, Atlanta City Council president
– Mary Norwood, Atlanta City Council member
– Michael Sterling, former Executive Director of the Atlanta Workforce Agency
– Cathy Woolard, former Atlanta City Council member and president