Image via the city’s Super Bowl website.
Although the big game is still a few weeks away, Super Bowl-related road closures in the city will begin on Monday, Jan. 21. and will continue through Friday, Feb. 8
According to city materials, the imminent closures include:
Monday, January 21 through Friday, February 8
- Baker St. NW will be closed between Centennial Olympic Park Dr. NW and Luckie St. NW.
Monday, January 21 through Thursday, February 7
- Mitchell St. SW will be closed between MLK Jr. Dr. SW (South) to Elliot St SW.
- Mangum St. will be closed between Markham St to Foundry St.
- MLK Jr. Dr. SW (South) will be closed between Northside Dr. NW to Centennial Olympic Park Dr NW
Wednesday, January 23 through Thursday, February 7
- Andrew Young International Blvd. NW will be closed between Marietta St. NW and Centennial Olympic Park Dr. NW.
Additional road closures will go into effect as the event draws closer. More information can be found here.
“We encourage the use of MARTA and ride share companies to reduce traffic in the affected areas,” Sgt. John Chafee of the Atlanta Police Department’s Public Affairs unit said in a statement. “Please plan ahead and give yourself more time to reach destinations around these areas.”