In an effort to help voters prepare for the Nov. 7 elections, Atlanta Loop sent questions to candidates running for Atlanta City Council, Atlanta Mayor and Atlanta School Board. Early voting begins Oct. 16. To see district maps, click here.
1) Why are you running for office in the city of Atlanta?
I am running for Office, because my area is Split into Two Districts, 1 side is White Middle Class and the other side is Black Lower Class. For the last 20 years The Black side has been neglected by poor Leadership and it is High Time that someone who is from The District Represent the District.
2) What makes you a better candidate than your opponents?
I am a Born Leader and I give a Damn. I also have a background in Political Science and have worked for The City of Atlanta for the last 5 years. And I am Born and raised in the District 9.
3) What do you think is Atlanta’s greatest strength?
I Think Atlanta’s Greatest Strength is that given a Fair Opportunity anyone can become Successful.
4) What do you think is Atlanta’s biggest challenge?
I Think the Biggest Challenge is dealing with the Traffic Congestion and Retaining Police Officers.
5) How would you address what you feel is Atlanta’s biggest challenge?
Work with my Colleagues and not pick every battle to fight. Making sure the New Mayor and New Council Members Vote to give Police and Fireman Fair Pay. Public Works Transportation need more Qualified Engineers with an 21st Century outlook on Traffic Signals and Timing.
6) What are the top two or three things you plan to focus on during your term as an elected official?
Economic Development for my District, Public Safety, Inclusion of Everyone not just 1 Side.
7) What is your opinion of the Atlanta Beltline? Is there anything about the project that you think should be handled differently?
The Beltline has some Good Parts, but overall it has been terrible for those in the Black Communities. The Beltline need a Real Leader spearheading this project and Stop Lying to the People and get this thing right.
8) What is your opinion of the Atlanta Streetcar? Is there anything about the project that you think should be handled differently?
The Atlanta Street Car should never have Happened, Waste of Tax Payer Money another Scheme at the cost of the People.
9) What should the city of Atlanta do to reduce traffic congestion in the city?
Clean House with the current workers in Transportation, I worked in that Department and I see firsthand where our Root problem is. Second thing we need to fix is, we need to have a Conversation with other Government Agencies and talk about Their Employees coming and leaving work at different times to avoid so much Traffic.
10) What should the city do to increase affordable housing options for its residents?
Every Housing Development should be mandated to set aside a certain number of Units for Affordable Housing, and we 1st need to discuss what is Affordable? However those Companies need to be held Accountable no matter White/Black they both need to understand they are running people out of the City. I think also that Police and Fireman should live in Atlanta instead of taxes being spent in other Counties.
11) If elected, do you promise to conduct yourself in an ethical and transparent manner?
Absolutely! I will be Ethical and Transparent.