The race to become Atlanta’s next mayor just got a bit more crowded.
The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that Fulton County Commission chairman John Eaves is jumping into the race, joining eight other candidates to succeed the term-limited Mayor Kasim Reed.
“I felt the city needed someone of my caliber,” he told the AJC. To read the full story, click here.
Eaves has been chairman since 2007 and was re-elected to a third term in 2014.
The other candidates in the race (so far) are:
– Peter Aman, Atlanta’s former chief operating officer
– Keisha Lance Bottoms, Atlanta City Council member
– Vincent Fort, state senator
– Kwanza Hall, Atlanta City Council member
– Ceasar Mitchell, Atlanta City Council president
– Mary Norwood, Atlanta City Council member
– Michael Sterling, former Executive Director of the Atlanta Workforce Agency
– Cathy Woolard, former Atlanta City Council member and president