Image via Second Self Beer Company.
Atlanta’s Second Self Beer Company is partnering with the Museum of Desgin Atlanta (MODA) to name and design a label for their newest brew.
The competition is now open and people can submit their ideas and artwork online. Entries may be submitted digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m. on March 25, according to brewery materials. Interested artists are encouraged to stop by Second Self’s taproom for a complimentary sample of the unnamed beer for a little inspiration.
The winner will be announced in late march and will receive a cash prize of $500, along with a MODA membership and season tickets to MODA’s 2019 Design Conversations, which hosts discussions presented by nationally acclaimed designers. Competition guidelines include:
- All entries must be submitted digitally.
- Designs must adhere to printing and bleed restrictions via provided template.
- There is a four-color limit. It can be PMS colors or CMYK, but no more than 4 colors total.
- Second Self’s official logo must be included on the final design and cannot be changed. It is included in the template.
- MODA’s logo must be included on the final design and cannot be changed.
- All designs must include the phrase “Crafted in Atlanta, Ga.”
- No graphic or offensive imagery is allowed.
- Vector: eps, ai, etc.
- Applications must be filled out and included with each submission, as submissions without accompanying applications will not be considered.
- Entrants may only submit one entry.
Second Self will also be hosting a launch party to celebrate the winner later this spring, with prizes given out for the top three finalists, according to brewery materials.